Friday, November 9, 2007

"Art That Tells or Sells"

That's the new motto for Vermillion. Last night there were helicopters flying around the neighborhood and it felt like LA. I couldn't sleep anyway, but this is when my best brainstorming happens. Every gallery has a theme or focus and I want to show mostly narrative, representational and pop art in their most broad definitions. Pop art, for example, can be like the Riswold stuff we showed in August/Sept. or more like pop-surrealism.

I've finally condensed it into something more of a soundbite: "Art That Tells or Sells" - A product, idea, feeling or story. I'm still fleshing out the details but that's it for now. You're going to see illustrators, painters, photographers etc... who have a knack for one or more of those four elements.

No comments: