Tuesday, November 6, 2007

First Post

Yeah, I know, it's not an original title for the "first post" but I am practically delirious with irritation. For the love of kittens, why is Clearwire so slow? I just have to complain about this and get it off my chest. I hate it. Clearwire sucks, people. I did a CNET test of the bandwidth speed and we're clocking in at 190 kbps on a $40/month subscription that is part of a 2 year contract that I'm stuck with.

Ok, on to better things, albeit, very sloooooowwwwwly...........

This is the Vermillion blogspot. As you can see by the "about me", Vermillion is a gallery in Seattle that recently opened. I'm the owner and I'm going to attempt to use this as possibly a more casual blog. I kind of hate myspace, and friendster. I just can't get into them but I'll also attempt to keep those sites updated. It's just too many things to try to think of, remember, format, etc... Myspace is super fug, in my opinion, no matter how much people tweak it. I know a thing or two about programming and design and I think myspace is probably the hardest thing in the world to wrap your head around. I'm pretty sure somebody is going to invent one interface that you can use to update all of your networking sites at once.

The reason I like blogger is because it is fairly simple and it is actually turning out to be a cool way for artists to show their work. I can say firsthand that I have curated shows solely by what I've seen on an artists blogger site, regardless of whether the artist has an "official" site or not. Blogger is pretty straightforward and it is part of my google sign in so that makes it easy too.

Well, enough about that. I'm now going to start linking to other artists' blogger sites to give a better idea of what Vermillion is all about and who I admire. I will also post their work here if they don't mind.

Thanks for reading, send me suggestions and comments! Diana Adams

No comments: